The Dade County Library is now offering Amazon Kindles for checkout. The Kindle is a convenient, portable reading device with the ability to wirelessly download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers. Exclusive Kindle features now include Goodreads integration, Kindle Free-Time, Vocabulary Builder, Word Wise and more. A single charge can last up to one month, but battery life will vary based on wireless usage. The Kindle requires a personal credit card to access certain materials not provided by the Dade County Library. To ensure privacy of passwords and other sensitive data, each Kindle will be re-registered to the library upon return.
- Kindles may be checked out at the Circulation Desk on a first come first served basis. A valid PINES Library card, current and in good standing, as well as a photo ID such as a Drivers’ License, Georgia ID card, or school/college ID is required each time a Kindle is checked out.
- Borrowers must be 18 years or older.
- Kindles may be checked out for one week
- The cost of lost or damaged Kindles will be charged to the patron in full, under State Statute
- Patron must be willing to enter his/her own credit card information in order to add content not already loaded on the device.
- Replacement costs include: replacement of entire device $150.00; replacement of USB cord
$15.00; and library processing fees of $10.00.
- In order to check-out our Kindles, you must fill out the Dade County Library Kindle Borrower Agreement.