The Cherokee Regional Library System (CHRLS) invites you to submit a proposal on a Coffee Shop to be located inside the LaFayette-Walker County Library Branch. The RFP can be found below and at each branch of the Cherokee Regional Library System. There will be a site tour at 3:00 on August 14th. Deadline for receiving proposals is 5:oo pm E.D.T, August 31, 2017. Direct all questions concerning the RFP to Lecia Eubanks, firstname.lastname@example.org, 706.638.7557.
LaFayette Library Coffee Shop
Request for Proposal
LaFayette Library Coffee Shop_RFP
We at the library hope that your summer has been full of fun, books and good times with family! We’ve got some big news that could make your summer even better!
The Cherokee Regional Library System has partnered with the Chattanooga Zoo to offer free visits to the zoo for the local community. There is a Chattanooga Zoo Library Pass (good for 2 adults and 4 children) at each of the four branch libraries—(For those not already in the know, we have four–LaFayette, Chickamauga, Rossville & Trenton.) Passes are good for 7 days, with a $3 per day late fee if turned in late. Passes can only be checked out once a year per family.
The partnership with the Chattanooga Zoo is just the latest in experiences available for checkout at the library. Other free passes include:
Georgia State Parks
Michael C. Carlos Museum
Center for Puppetry and the Arts
Go Fish Education Center
For more info on all our passes just click here.
Library cards must be present for checkout. Library cards are free for Georgia residents. If you do not already have a library card, you will need a picture ID and proof of your current residence.
Ready for some more free stuff? How about a bag of scarab beetle beads from Egypt, Carlos Museum postcards and a $10 gift card to the Carlos Museum Bookshop?
Here what you need to know:
- This program is for children
- Download and print this book diary or ask for a copy from the circulation desk at any of our four branch libraries
- Pick out five books from this Reading List and put them on hold using our PINES catalog, or ask for assistance from our circulation staff.
- Once you receive your books (this could take between 1-3 weeks!) read them, and log them.
- Come to any of our four branch libraries and check out our Michael C. Carlos Museum Family Pass (good for up to 6 admissions!)
- Go to the Museum and turn in your log to receive your prize! Enjoy the day with your family in one of the Southeast’s premier ancient art museums with major collections of art objects from ancient Egypt, Nubia, Near East, Greece, Rome, ancient Americas, Africa, and Asia, as well as a collection of works on paper from the Renaissance to the present.
Looking for ways to reward your little reader this summer? How about taking them to a free basketball game or a free baseball game?
That’s right, our summer partnership with the Atlanta Hawks and the Atlanta Braves continues! Here is what you need to know:
- Have your child read 5 books (should be easy, if you are part of our summer reading club!)
- Go to www.checkitoutreading.com and fill out the form, and submit
- Start checking your e-mail after October 5th for ticketing information
The Fine Print
- This program is for students K-12
- You must buy an adult ticket to receive the free child’s ticket
- More FAQs can be read here
- Register for the program, and complete an online activity.
- Read one book about sports or sportsmanship. Click here for a list of suggested titles. Or ask a library staff member for help!
- Print your “Home Run Readers” Certificate and take it to one of our four branch libraries to receive a code to redeem a free Braves ticket.
- Go to braves.com/reading and select “redeem tickets” to choose the game you wish to receive a ticket for. Important: you must register at least a week in advance for your tickets! See schedule below
Sunday, June 18, 1:35 PM, vs. the Marlins (redeem by June 11)
Monday, June 19, 7:35 PM, vs the Giants (redeem by June 12)
Sunday, June 25, 1:35 PM, vs the Brewers (redeem by June 18)
Wednesday, July 5, 7:35 PM, vs the Astros (redeem by June 28)
Tuesday, August 1, 7:35 PM, vs the Dodgers (redeem by July 25)
Sunday, August 27, 1:35 PM, vs the Rockies (redeem by August 20)
The Fine Print
- This program is for students K-12
- You must redeem your tickets at least one week before the game of your choice
- Additional tickets can be purchased for $8 a piece at the time you redeem your free ticket
Do you like to read Juvenile or Young Adult books? Are you looking for an ebook or an audiobook to read right NOW?
Check out our brand new TumbleBookCloud resource! No waitlists, no holds, just click on the link below and begin reading today! You just need an internet connection!
If you are accessing the link from home, you will need our current GALILEO password. This password changes every few months, and you can get it by calling any one of our four branch libraries. Make sure you have your library card number handy for verification purposes.
Looking for ebooks and read-a-longs for a younger age group? Don’t forget about TumbleBooks!